Completing Your Volunteer Hours
We take high school students looking to complete their required volunteer hours, provided their interests fit our needs at the time of application. All interested volunteers must be at least 16 years old to participate. A six month commitment is required for all students. To find out more about our programs, please visit our Volunteer Program page.
Other Ways to Complete Your Hours with the Humane Society
High School Pledge Challenge Rules
1. You must be a high school student in pursuit of your mandatory 40h of community service.
2. The funds you raise must come from a minimum of 5 different sources. All must provide a valid name, address, and phone number on the pledge form. (No, you cannot pay for your community service hours.)
3. Participants will be eligible for 5 volunteer hours for every $100 raised up to a maximum of 20 hours ($400).
4. All pledge forms and funds raised must be returned on or before June 9th, 2017.
5. Students must bring community service forms in-person to the Humane Society to be signed when pledges are returned. No other person may do this on your behalf.
Please contact the volunteer coordinator for pledge form. email@example.com
Newspaper Collection Program
We use newspapers to line many of our cages for animal intake. Collect old newspapers, remove the glossy ads and half sheets, and lie the large double sheets flat in a pile. We’ll give you one hour of community service for each inch of newspaper you bring us, up to 20 hours. The student must be present when bringing papers to the Humane Society.
Run Your Own Fundraiser
Help raise funds for all the animals at the Windsor/Essex County Humane Society by running your own mini fundraising event, such as a bake sale. For more information see our Youth Fundraising Guide— a great way for young people to understand the importance of fundraising in supporting our organization and all that we do.