Please read the following instructions carefully, as any animal that does not meet the outlined physical parameters for surgery (over/underweight, undisclosed medical conditions, vomiting anything other than bile), will be declined for surgery, without refund. If your pet has a medical condition or is currently on medications, please call us to confirm whether he/she is a good candidate for surgery within our program.
- You must have an appointment. Please call 519-966-1118 to schedule your pet for surgery.
- In order to protect your pet from the possibility of contracting an illness while here at the clinic, we recommend that you have your pet vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your appointment. Otherwise, vaccinations will be available at the time of surgery.
- Animals must be between the ages of 4 months and 5 years, be in good health, and within normal weight range according to the following criteria: dog criteria – cat criteria.
- Animals older than 5 years may be accepted for surgery at the veterinarian’s discretion, but must have had per-anesthetic blood work done prior to surgery. This blood work may be done at our clinic prior to surgery.
- Please advise us of any illnesses/treatments at the time of booking, or as soon as anything develops prior to surgery. Females must be finished nursing kittens/puppies for at least two weeks prior to receiving surgery. Males must have two testicles present in the scrotal sac. Males over 6 months of age with one or two un-descended testicles may receive surgery at the discretion of the veterinarian.
- Please leave your animal in the car until you have completed all of the required paperwork. A technician will advise you when to retrieve your pet. You must complete the necessary admission form when you arrive. Admission typically takes 10 minutes to complete.
- All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must come in individual carriers or live traps. Cats that are not confined in proper cat carriers will not be accepted for surgery.
- All appointments must be prepaid by credit card at the time of booking. We also accept cash or debit at our offices. These prepayments are nonrefundable. Additional services, such as vaccines, microchips, etc, can be paid for the morning of surgery.
- Animal pickup is at 4:00pm on the same day. It is imperative that you be here by exactly 4pm, as this is when postoperative instructions are given for all animals. We do not board pets.